How to be #HappyBuyers
Finding the home of your dreams is not the problem – actually buying it will be.
We’re here to help!
You have likely heard there’s a shortage of available homes in our market, and around the country. There are many contributing factors, but the end result if you are looking to buy is that you will find fewer houses available – and the ones that do come on the market will be under contract quickly (usually with multiple offers over asking price).
The most recent “State of the Market” report from the Huntsville Area Association of Realtors showed there were 832 homes on the market in April of 2021, down from 1,186 in April of 2021. Average days on the market was just 16!
The key to winning is not complicated, but it’s not easy either. Here is our best advice:
- Get pre-qualified with a LOCAL LENDER. To be competitive, you will need to discuss the details of your financial situation with a person you know, like and trust. Someone who can educate you about the various options available that will give you the best chance to have your offer accepted.
- Choose a knowledgeable real estate agent to help you (Hint: That’s us!). If you see a For Sale sign on a house you like, it’s likely already got an offer. Timing is key to getting a house. Not only will your agent be up to date on available homes, she will likely also have information about homeowners who are planning to sell – so you can prepare for the competitive situation that’s coming when that house goes on the market.
- Analyze your wants and needs. Yes, those include location, bedrooms and bathrooms, but also why you want or need specific things in a home. Once you have your list, narrow it dow to the top five MUST HAVES. No home will have everything you want. When you find a house that has your “must haves”, you are ready to write an offer.
- View houses online and in person. Consider viewing homes in our price range that are already under contract so that you can compare their features to others as they become available.
- When you find a house that has your 5 “must haves”, WRITE AN AGGRESSIVE OFFER. Lean heavily on the advice of your agent for the specific house you have chosen. Reviews past sales and the pending houses in the area. Limit your contingencies, but be prepared to submit an offer contingent on seeing the house if you can’t see it the first day it’s available to be shown.
We want you to be a #HappyBuyer! Whether you are ready to buy or just thinking about it, we want to help. Call or email today to connect with an agent who can answer all your questions.